JOB TITLE: CHINESE TUTOR & COMPANY ADMINISTRATOR
ThinkChinese seeks to appoint a highly motivated teacher of Mandarin to join its small but enthusiastic team which is committed to delivering high quality teaching and administration in Jersey.
- Prepare, teach and assess work, monitoring student progress and providing appropriate feedback (including through email or personal communications with students and parents);
- Provide on-going study reports to each teaching group. Whenever necessary;
- Reports should be provided to individual students in a timely fashion;
- Supervise assessments;
- Provide teaching or classroom support to other tutors (if required);
- Provide support to promotions and marketing campaigns;
- Other company administration.
The position holder should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to Masters level (preferable) or hold an education or linguistic related qualification (such as PGCE or TCSL).
- Experience of teaching Chinese as a foreign language to different age groups, particular for primary school level.
- Knowledge and/or experience of courses/curriculums including YCT, HSK, GCSE and other lessons upon request.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues and to provide support to colleagues and students when required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt and respond to exceptional or delicate situations.
- As the job holder will undertake plenty of teaching responsibilities with a focus on primary school students, being creative, patient and pay attention to details will be a plus.
CARE AND SAFETY
The position holder should exercise sufficient care in respect of the company premises and facilities, and other working environments (i.e. school classrooms) at all times. Company facilities should be primarily used for business purposes. Any use of company facilities for personal reasons should be prohibited. Abuse of company premises or facilities may result in a fine.
The employee is duly responsible for the safety of all students during class time. Any damage, theft, or loss of company property during working hours is the responsibility of the employee.
WORK PERIOD AND TIME:
38 hours per week, including teaching, marking, exam supervision, periodical reports, teaching related administration and marketing.
A permanent position with the first three months of probationary period.
Salary: for discussion.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th October. Please be aware that the interview will carry out before the application deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment. Interview involves three steps: presentation, written correspondence and class demonstration. All interviews will be conducted in English. The final candidate is required to fulfill one week placement in our office in Jersey. The official offer will be made based on the performance.
DBS holder, driving license holder and experience working in Chinese schools are preferred due to the nature of this position. ThinkChinese is able to sponsor a work visa for the successful candidate, if required.