JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT TEACHER
ThinkChinese seeks to appoint a highly motivated assistant teacher of Mandarin to join our small but enthusiastic team. We commit to delivering high quality teaching and administration in Jersey.
- Prepare, and assist to design lessons and courses; monitor students’ progress and help prepare written feedback;
- Provide any other teaching or classroom support to other teachers whenever required;
- Provide support to promotions, events and marketing campaigns;
- Supervise assessments;
- Other ad hoc tasks.
The position holder should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to Masters level (preferable) or hold an education or linguistic related qualification;
- Knowledge and experience of courses/curriculums including YCT, HSK, GCSE are preferred;
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues and to provide support;
- Good communication skills and the ability to adapt;
- The job holder will receive plenty of training in house and externally, and will take on teaching responsibility once ready. We are keen to employ someone who is creative, patient and willing to grow with our organisation.
WORK PERIOD AND TIME
38 hours per week. A timetable will be provided on a termly basis.
Two year contract with the first three months of probationary period.
Salary: for discussion.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th August. Please be aware that the interview will carry out before the application deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment. Interview involves three steps: presentation, written correspondence and class demonstration. All interviews will be conducted in English. The final candidate is required to fulfill one week placement in our office in Jersey. An official offer will be made based on performance.
DBS holder, driving license holder and experience working in Chinese schools are preferred due to the nature of this position.