JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT TEACHER
ThinkChinese seeks to appoint a highly motivated assistant teacher of Mandarin to join our small but enthusiastic team. We commit to delivering high quality teaching and administration in Jersey.
- Prepare, and assist to design lessons and courses; monitor students’ progress and help prepare written feedback;
- Teach classes in groups and privately;
- Support the design of new classes e.g. holiday clubs;
- Provide support to promotions, events and marketing campaigns;
- Supervise assessments;
- Other ad hoc tasks.
The position holder should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to Masters level (preferable) or hold an education or linguistic related qualification;
- Knowledge and experience of courses/curriculums including YCT, HSK, GCSE are preferred;
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues and to provide support;
- Good communication skills and the ability to adapt;
- The job holder will receive plenty of training in house and externally. Teaching responsibility will increase gradually to allow experience with students of all age groups, levels and learning purposes.
WORK PERIOD AND TIME
35 hours per week. A timetable will be provided on a termly basis.
Two year contract with the first three months of probationary period.
Salary: for discussion.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 30th September. Please be aware that the interview will carry out before the deadline , so please apply early to avoid disappointment. Interview involves three steps: presentation, written correspondence and class demonstration. All interviews will be conducted in English.
DBS holder, driving license holder and experience working in Chinese schools are preferred due to the nature of this position. We welcome enthusiastic individuals who are reliable, patient and willing to grow to join our organisation.