HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) or the Chinese Proficiency Test is an international standardized exam which tests and rates Chinese language proficiency. It evaluates Chinese language abilities for non-native Chinese speakers in terms of using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives.
At level 1, learners can understand and use very simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
- Monday & Tuesday HSK for Sixth formers at JCG
- Tuesday 15:45-17:15 Challenge class for secondary school students at JCG (students from nearby schools are also welcome)
- Tuesday 17:30-19:00 Adult Challenge class in the office
- Saturday 9:45-10:45 am HSK1 for Y7 in the office
At level 2, learners will have an excellent grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Wednesday 17:30-19:00 Adult Challenge class in the office
At this level, learners can communicate in Chinese at a basic level in their daily, academic and professional lives. They can manage most communication in Chinese when traveling in China.
Only private lessons are available for HSK3 in September. Please contact the office, if you wish to pair up with any of the private learners.
- Monday 18:00-19:00 Adult class
- Friday 17:00-18:00 private lesson
- Friday 18:00-19:00 Adult class
Only private lesson is available for this level from September. Please contact the office, if you wish to pair up with the private learner.
For additional information and frequently asked questions please click download our course explanation: